State Wage Case 2008
On 13 June 2008 and 24 June 2008 respectively, the Queensland Council of Unions (application B/2008/45) and The Australian Workers' Union of Employees, Queensland (application B/2008/50) filed with the Industrial Registrar applications seeking -
a) General Ruling pursuant to s. 287 of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 in regard to wage and allowance adjustments for award employees;
b) General Ruling in relation to the Queensland Minimum Wage as it applies to all employees;
c) Statement of Policy pursuant to s. 288 of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 in regard to a Statement of Principles that may be generated as a result of the aforementioned General Rulings.
Documents of interest:
- QCU Amended Application for a General Ruling - B/2008/45 [PDF 107KB]
- AWU Application for a General Ruling - B/2008/50 [PDF 95KB]
All submissions relating to the 2008 State Wage Case can be viewed from this site, as soon as they become available.
- The Australian Workers' Union Of Employees, Queensland [PDF 27KB]
- Queensland Council of Unions [PDF 3.2MB]
- Appendix 1 - General Ruling [PDF 26KB]
- Appendix 2 - Statement of Principles [PDF 35KB]
- Appendix 3 - State Budget 2008-09 [PDF 828KB]
- Appendix 4 - Queensland State Budget 2007-08 Mid Year Fiscal and Economic Review [PDF 555KB]
- Appendix 5 - Queensland Economic Review May 2008 [PDF 625KB]
- Queensland Government [PDF 226KB]
- Restaurant and Caterers¿ Employers Association of Queensland, Industrial Organisation of Employers [PDF 123KB]
- Queensland Chamber of Commerce and Industry Ltd, Industrial Organisation of Employers [PDF 190KB]
- Queensland Cane Growers¿ Association, Union of Employers [PDF 19KB]
- Queensland Retail Traders and Shopkeepers Association [PDF 62KB]
Replies to the above submissions can be viewed from this site, as soon as they become available.
All transcripts relating to the 2008 State Wage Case can be viewed from this site, as soon as they become available.
Transcript of proceedings - 23 June 2008 [PDF 54KB]
Transcript of proceedings - 4 July 2008 [PDF 39KB]
Transcript of proceedings - 31 July 2008 [PDF 98KB]
To view State Wage Cases click here.